Tuesday, January 30, 2007

An ode to procrastination

O procrastination, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways:

You make the inevitable seem far, far away
You make me think it’s a sunny day

I get to blog instead of work
(Hmm, even that by itself is a lovely perk)

I get to stare at a big blank screen
And wonder, this life, just what does it mean?

And when reality comes crashing in
You help me block out that noisy din

Deadlines? Ha! Meetings? Please!
As if you would be worried about things like these!

“I am procrastination!” you say, with an important air,
“Try and get me past me, try if you dare!”

Indeed, I find that I’ve succumbed to your power
And find the day slipping past me, hour by hour

Has my deck been written? Have I gotten a clue?
No idea… I’ve been busy writing a rhyme or two.

3 comments:

  1. AHH I love it! Glad to see you're being very productive at work. My personal favourite procrastination tool is facebook.. yes I am an addict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a regular dr. seuss...or were you trying for shakespeare?

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably more Shakespeare than Dr. S... hence the "O" and "thee."

    although I doubt Shakespeare would have a clue would the word "blog" means. would be fun if it had some bawdy meaning back in his day?

    ReplyDelete