Friday, June 8, 2007

bits and pieces

nothing super thought-provoking here, just a collection of things that have been going on with me lately:

IN THE WORLD OF FOOD:
i have revived my love affair with cinnamon toast crunch. it's just so GOOD! the cinnamon-y taste! the crunch of the little squares! feels like a decadent treat, and makes me drink milk. i also tried to grow a basil plant. that did not work very well. i got two caprese salds out of it before it decided to up and die. *sigh* guess i don't have much of a green thumb.

IN THE WORLD OF EXERCISE:
i have recently started up with pilates class. i took a few private lessons (with an ex-ballet dancer of an instructor who told me that she retired at 22 because she was starting to getting arthritis and rewarded herself with a new set of boobs) and a few classes and am officially hooked. i like how strong you feel afterward.

i have also recently started swimming laps in my neighborhood pool (not to be confused with the melrose place-esque pool in my apt complex, where all i do is tan and wish the frat boys wouldn't play their music so loudly). dude, swimming laps is much harder than i remember. i always get annoyed during my workout for two reasons: 1) i think i'm going to crash into the other swimmers in the lane and 2) my goggles always fog up / let in water / feel uncomfortable (i guess that's what i get for buying the cheapest pair). actually there was Major Drama at the pool the other day -- i didn't pay too much attention because i didn't want the guy to feel like a spectacle but i guess some guy was having heart trouble and they had to call in an ambulance and cart him away. not good.

IN THE WORLD OF WORK:

i am heading to NYC for a meeting on monday, and i get to fly jetblue! i am excited. hopefully they will not strand me on the tarmac for countless hours on end. i promise to report on the comfort of the leather seats and the quality of the cable TV.

3 comments:

  1. Swimming is HARD. I swam for a couple months after injuring my IT band running and I couldn't believe it. In addition to getting your heart rate up you have to spend a lot of energy trying, like, not to drown.

    Yay for coming to NYC!! You'll never want to leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pilates. Love!! I had the world's strongest core b/c of it, I swear I could ride the metro most of the way without holding on to anything, b/c my core kept my body grounded while I do it. Also good for snowboarding (you know, all that snowboarding you do in Texas). You are inspiring me to start again, but damn if those classes aren't at the world's most inconvenient times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! So spit in your goggles and swish it around with your finger then rinse out... gross I know, but it is a little secret from the swimming world.

    ReplyDelete