Friday, October 19, 2007

beach correspondent

Coming to you live via blackberry from hermosa beach, California. Let me set the scene for you guys. I'm sitting at a sidewalk cafe on "the strand" in hermosa beach after a restful 8 hours of sleep and a rejuvenating jog from hermosa beach pier to Manhattan beach pier and back (don't google it, I have a sinking feeling it may only be a mile or two total). The background music is switching from norah Jones to corinne Bailey rae and now bobby brown (?). The table next to me has four very young at heart senior citizens. One is still wearing her bike helmet. Another is wearing those huge old people sunglasses that block out every single possible ray of sun. I have a view of the ocean, including surfers and hopeful fishermen. The restaurant is called "good stuff," and the wait staff are all wearing shirts that say "you are what you eat... So eat good stuff!" I am eagerly awaiting my order of a California omelette (made with egg whites, of course- when in Rome, after all) and fresh fruit with an English muffin to top it off.

Yesterday (seven hours of watching focus groups in a dark room, eating way too many cookies and listening to crazy LA people talk about cruising) is completely forgotten.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds divine.

    Maybe you could write my MBA application essays while you're relaxing on that beach? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your BB automatically capitalizes your words doesn't it? unless the real jen kim has been replaced by an Uptight Capitalizer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you back in Texas (i.e., safe from the crazy fires in Cali)? if so, please post something interesting, as this has been a CRAZY long week and my brain is close to shutting down completely. if not, please get thee the heck out asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where's my update??? This post has been up forEVER!

    ReplyDelete