Wednesday, January 23, 2008

how to salvage a bad day

this morning was, on many counts (or is it by many counts?), pretty crappy. the weather was cold and rainy. I couldn't drag my ass out of bed and managed to snooze for over an hour (it's a special talent of mine) instead of getting up early and going to the gym as I had planned. there was drama @ work on one of my projects, drama which made me really angry that I worked until 8 pm last night to get something really perfect. I also made the decision to pull an old pair of almost-never-worn pants out of the closet and show them some love... but then realized once I sat down at my desk why I almost never wear them: they are super-old and not very comfortable (read: high-rise waist and slightly too-small size).

sigh. I am brilliant!

now, here's where the story gets better. my awesome friend Sabia and I had made lunch plans weeks ago in which we would head over to the lovely Whole Foods culinary center and do a lunch express workshop. basically it's a live cooking class where the teacher shows you how to cook a three-course meal and you get to eat it! so simple yet so wonderful.

here was the menu:
  • french onion soup (one of my favorite soups in the world)
  • steak frites (grilled flank steak + twice-cooked fries served with roquefort butter)
  • chocolate cake fondant (with chocolate glace and frangelico meringue)

I'm telling you, my day has turned right around. the teacher was fantastic - friendly and full of tips and not at all pretentious. the food was deLICious - piping hot and tasty and served by friendly WF staff. they print out the recipes for you so you can take them home and try them, and I am confident that I could pull off pretty much everything she made.

not bad, huh? now if I could only do something about these stupid pants...

6 comments:

  1. I swear that there is another blog entry of yours in which you wrote the EXACT SAME SENTENCE about those pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the most divine lunch ever! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to make the same comment about the pants. when you get home tonight, take them off and deliver them to straight to salvation army. after you pout on a replacement pair of pants, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum. i've been wanting to make French onion soup for a while...maybe next week. hope it's still raining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ditto on the pants story -- donate those effers already!

    yummmm french onion....

    ReplyDelete
  6. World of Warcraft power leveling wow power leveling,wow power levelingisan online role-playing experience set in the award-winninguniverse.wow gold,wow power leveling Players assume the roles of wow power leveling heroes as they explore, wow gold,wow gold,WoW Goldadventure,and quest across a vast world. is a
    "Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game" WoW Gold,wow gold,wow power leveling.wow power levelingwhich allows thousands of players to
    interact within the same world. Whether adventuring together or fighting against each
    other in epic battlesplayers will form friendships, wow power leveling,wow power leveling,wow power levelingwow powerlevelingforge alliances,and compete with enemies for power leveling and glory.wow gold,wow gold,wow gold,wow gold,wow gold,wow gold,wow gold,buy wow gold As a wow power leveling online game, enables thousands of players to come together online and battle against theand each other. Cheap WoW Gold,Cheap WoW Gold,cheap wow gold,cheap wow gold,World Of Warcraft gold,Players from across the globe can leave the real world behind and undertake grand quests and heroic exploits in a land of fantastic adventure. world of warcraft gold,world of warcraft gold,world of warcraft gold,Unlike other cheap opponents. cheap wow gold,buy wow gold,Below are some features found in wow powerleveling

    ReplyDelete