Wednesday, May 23, 2007

geeky ad humor

trust me, I won't hold it against you if you don't visit this link but as an ad-person I found it somewhat amusing: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zv6w_the-break-up

real posts to come soon, I promise. I'm a bit out of it because I was in Knoxville, TN for one of those less-than-24-hours fly-in-and-fly-out business trips (side story: when I asked the hotel clerk to recommend a good restaurant in downtown Knoxville, she told me she doesn't know any because downtown is "really, really far" and she never goes there. customer service issues aside, I was confused because on the map it had looked relatively close to my airport hotel. I asked how far was far and she said "really far -- like 10 miles away." I tried really hard not to laugh. and then I got in my rental car, drove myself downtown and circled until I found a decent-looking seafood restaurant, where I had a half-dozen deliciously fresh oysters on the half shell with lots of tabasco and horseradish, some incredibly rich crab bisque, a few bites of calamari, and a large glass of wine. bon appetit!).

although Little Rock and Knoxville were both perfectly nice places to visit for a brief business trip, let the record show that moving to a place like that would basically constitute cruel and unusual punishment. there's just... not much there.

ok, back to work now--

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be nice to think that 10 minutes out of the way is too far... simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to my world, where target, at the far reaches of the universe, is 15 minutes up route 29 :)

    ReplyDelete