Wednesday, May 16, 2007

good morning sunshine

last night I went to bed around 11 pm. this is REALLY EARLY for me, but I knew I had to be at work by a disgustingly early 7:30 am the next morning, and I decided to be all responsible-like for once in my life. so I congratulated myself on being all adult-ish and responsible-ish (I figure age 26 is as good a time to start as any) and hopped into bed. I was sufficiently exhausted from my 11-hour work day and figured that I'd be counting those proverbial sheep in no time.

here is a timeline of how the rest of the evening went:
  • 11:30 - so I'm still awake. that's okay. it's only been half an hour. I'll be asleep in no time. and then I will be all well-rested for my meeting! is great! I am a real adult! finally!
  • midnight - hmm. it's been an hour. this is not good. okay, must focus on falling asleep. sleep is your friend! I love the letter z! ZZZZ, damn it!
  • 12:30 - shit. the hour mark has come and gone. why am I still awake? this sucks. I hate everyone.
  • 1:00 - double shit. this is serious now. WTF? this makes no sense. I am tired. I know I am tired. I know I must wake up early. WHYYYY does my body hate me?
  • 1:15 - well, hell. at this point I feel like I should order some pizza and make it a slumber party. I mean, really. come the fuck on.
  • 1:30 - tomorrow is reeeeeeally going to suck.
  • 1:35ish? - blissful zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • 3 am - WTF WAS THAT?! (outside my window: thunder, lightning, loud noises, general biblical-ish monsoon weather) okay seriously? someone hates me.
  • 6:15 am - BEEP BEEP BEEP time to get up, I don't care how little sleep you've gotten.

sigh. and thus went my evening. but I'm here. I made it to my meeting, showered and looking presentable and immediately started chugging the coffee they'd provided.

does this still count as responsible adult-like behavior?

1 comment:

  1. So... will you think less of me if I tell you I'm usually in bed by 10 on a work night? (LAME!)

    Seriously, though, being unable to sleep is the worst feeling. It makes me anxious, the anxiety keeps me awake, etc... Vicious cycle.

    ReplyDelete