Wednesday, July 18, 2007

gettin' my worm on

this morning, I voluntarily woke up at 6:15.

...

let's pause for a second and take that in. let it soak into your brain.

six.fif.teen.by choice.

I had agreed to meet my friend Kelly @ Austin high school for an early-morning track workout -- a few laps, some sprints, maybe a few squats/lunges, etc.

(this from a girl who never gets up before 8 unless there is a plane to be caught, and that plane better be flying somewhere interesting. unless, of course, it's for work, and in that case, you better believe that I am going to buy some delicious breakfast tacos at the airport and expense them to my office)

we met. we ran. we stretched. we stared at all the bikini boot camp participants and hard-core runtex running teams strutting their stuff on the track.

I came home. I showered. I ate. and I showed up at work before 9 am.

people, I think this is my own personal definition of "the early bird gets the worm." so much more gets done when you show up before 9 am! it's wildly impressive! I may have to turn over a new leaf.

well, more would get done if I wasn't so busy obsessing over my new pearl. to pearl or to curve, that is (still) the question.

3 comments:

  1. Next time, we'll meet on a non-pilates day, and I can take you through a modified version of the wonderful boot camp that I just finished. (insert evil laugh here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. never thought i'd live to see the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'm a morning person by nature, so I probably shouldn't evangelize, but working out in the morning is AWESOME.

    I end up at work perkier, more awake, and feeling accomplished all ready.

    Join the church of the AM worker outers!

    ReplyDelete