Sunday, July 22, 2007

sweet, sweet relief

I TOTALLY READ HARRY POTTER 7. IT IS SO FREAKING GOOD. GO READ IT NOW.

yes, caps lock is obnoxious, but totally necessary.

I REPEAT. GO READ HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS NOW. I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

I had been planning on reading it next wknd when I would have some more time to devote to it -- mostly since a) I still hadn't received my copy, b) I knew I'd have a busy week at work and c) I really wanted to take some time to truly savor it... but I ended up reading it today, in four breathless hours, cramped into an uncomfortable in the bookstore next door to my office.

yes, I am a dork (I prefer to call it "hard-core fan"). I had gone into the office today to get a few things done and ended up wandering into the bookstore to maybe just read the first few chapters... then I got completely sucked in and read all 800 pages in four hours of non-stop reading. I didn't stop, I didn't pee, I didn't do anything.

IT'S THAT GOOD!!!!

more on the rest of my wknd another time...

6 comments:

  1. Four hours? Freaking amazing. And nice work scamming the bookstore!

    I finished yesterday and E has it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered when this would pop up. I had to wait until after work on saturday. I started at 11pm and went straight through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it in spurts throughout the weekend and finished at 1 am last night. I prob could have sat down and read it cover to cover in 4 hours, but I used it as a reward to do work-work instead.

    SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt kinda bad "scamming" the bookstore (since I'll be receiving my pre-paid copy from bn.com any day now)... but then I realized that I go in there practically every other day for coffee or biscotti or birthday cards and then I stopped feeling bad.

    man. I can't WAIT to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA! i kept ribbing Will for reading it in ~6.5. SLACKER, WHEELER! i read seated behind another HP-phile on the metro this morning :) i am totally trying to savor it (that's my excuse for being slow anyway) so no spoilers just yet please! give me tonight!

    btw, y'all missed a crazy-ass HP party in downtown silver spring on saturday night. the "weird sisters" were playing live, some pub was the three broomsticks, and borders had turned into flourish and botts. it was insane; i read there were 1,000 ppl there. i was passing through on my way to a movie, unaware until i got there that i'd encounter such a fete. it's true what Whodini says -- the freaks do come out at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. finally!... well-played, J.K. Rowling.

    ReplyDelete